PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Fred Crouch

Peter
19.10.2014, 22:21
mupliss hat mich mit diesem Beitrag wieder an Fred Crouch erinnert.http://www.stilvoll-fischen.de/threads/396-ABU-40-Rolle?p=3578#post3578

Ist schon ein Weilchen her, dass Fred Crouch von uns gegangen ist, aber die e-mail von Paul Cook zu dessen Tod, möchte ich nun auch hier veröffentlichen (mit Erlaubnis von P. Cook natürlich)

"paul cook" < artofangling@btinternet.com> schrieb

Hello Peter ,

very sad news indeed . Fred and I go back a long way as friends and I last spoke to him about 6 weeks prior to xmas . Despite his illness he was quite upbeat about things and in his own unique way was still cracking jokes , that was why Fred was so liked , he saw the funny side of life . Fred had unfortunately got emphysemia and also had prostrate cancer and he had fought it well for the last 5 years or more . When we last spoke Fred was in the last throes of his illness , he did not wish to have anymore treatment as it was agreed with his family that he did not wish to be rigged up with oxygen tanks just to keep him alive , he felt that he had done his time here and he wanted to go out with some dignity . He was a very genuine and down to earth man , black is black and white is white kind of thing , there was nothing false about him at all , what you see is what you get , very trustworthy that is why I liked him so much .

Towards the last few weeks post xmas he was unable to talk very well , a good friend of mine spoke to his wife why Fred relayed messages to his wife to pass on , he was still making jokes ! Freds wish was that he wanted close friends and family to attend his funeral which is monday week . I shall be there to pay my last respects to a man that was one of very few who stood above all others as a man and a friend . I have some wonderful memories of him , great days indeed but we shouldnt be sad as Fred would only wish you to celebrate his life , a life that he took with both hands and embraced it for what it gave him . Because Fred was known and liked by so many there will be a memorium to him at a later date when everyone can attend and pay their respects .

All the best ,

regards Paul

Peter
19.10.2014, 22:35
Der Mensch ist erst wirklich tot, wenn niemand mehr an ihn denkt.“
Bertolt Brecht